- The Colca Canyon is a valley of great beauty, near the town of Chivay in southern Peru.
- It has more than 3,000 m. deep and is "The deepest in the world" (case twice as deep as the Grand Canyon of Colorado).
- It is surrounded by terraced crops, hot springs and many villages where time seems to have stopped. It is common to cross flocks of guanacos, llamas, and alpacas, crossed on the roads and where many of the coyas traditions, their religious rites, their music, their clothes (especially women), their adobe and straw houses and many more things.
- Guided visits (Included)
- Cultural visits (Included)
- Historical visits (Included)
- Hike, trekking (Included)
- Natural Areas Visits (Included)
- Bird watching (Included)
- Arequipa: Pick up from your hotel.
- Whenever it is in the center of the city and prior coordination with the Operator.
- For places outside these limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or Meeting Point or additional Cost.
AREQUIPA / CABANACONDE / SAN JUAN DE CHUCCHO
- 3:00 am Pick up passengers from their respective hotels.
- We leave for the town of Chivay (3,627 meters above sea level) where we will have breakfast.
- Then we will go to the “Cruz de Condor” from where we can observe the Colca Canyon and the fascinating Andean Condor.
- Then we will arrive at the Mirador de San Miguel and start our 4 hour walk approx. descending a section of almost 1,000 m. until we reach the town of San Juan de Chuccho, where we will have lunch.
- We will have the afternoon free.
- Dinner and overnight.
SAN JUAN / COSÑIRGUA / MALATA / SANGALLE
- After breakfast we will continue our journey to El Oasis (Sangalle - 2,180 masl) passing through the villages of Cosñirgua and Malata (2,450 masl), a place characterized by being the only annex where you can see a 17th century church that still retains its characteristics of the colonial era.
- We walk an average of 3 hours until we reach the Sangalle Oasis where we can enjoy its natural pools 24 ºC and a walk around the place.
- There we will have our rest until lunch time to have the afternoon free and then prepare for dinner where we can enjoy a campfire and delicious dinner under the beautiful sky of the Colca and then spend the night in bungalows.
SANGALLE / CABANACONDE / CHIVAY / AREQUIPA
- 5:00 a.m. We get up to ascend to the town of Cabanaconde for an average of 4 hours approx. / People who are very tired have the option of making the climb on a mule.
- Once in Cabanaconde we will have breakfast to move to the town of Chivay, making stops at the viewpoint of Huayrapunco, Laguna Misteriosa, Hanging Tombs and the traditional town of Maca.
- Then we will go to Yanque, we visit the thermal baths of Chacapi 35 ºC and then have lunch in the town of Chivay.
- We return to the city of Arequipa between 5:00 and 5:30 pm.
- Tourist transport Oxygen balloon, First aid kit, GPS.
- Food: 3 breakfasts + 2 lunches + 2 dinners.
- Tourist Ticket:
- >> Foreigners S / .70 / Latinos S / .40
- >> Peruvians S / .20 / Peruvian Student S / .5
- Thermal Baths - S / .15
- Other snacks and / or drinks during the tours.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
NotesWhat to wear
- Warm clothes because on the way to Arequipa-Chivay we go through the highest point of the road in which it is an intense cold
- Shoes suitable for long walks
- Clothing suitable for long walks
- Small backpack, Change of Clothes, Swimwear, Towel, Sandals
- Sunblock, Sun Glasses, Hat, Repellent, Toilet Paper
- Water bottle
- If you want to reserve the Buffet lunch you must do it in advance
- Any material loss or accident is the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather conditions (rains, huaycos, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, no refund applies.
- If you decide to leave before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you do not attend the day of service, there will be no place for claims, postponements or returns.
- Seats in transfer mobility are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival.
Lodge Posada Gloria, Tropical Lodge
- Single, double, matrimonial, triple, quadruple, quintuple rooms, with shared bathroom.
- Rooms with private bathroom (additional cost).
- Pool, bar, green areas.
Puno - Chivay - Colca Canyon - Arequipa - 2d / 1n - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Bird watching
Sanctuary of Chapi + Laguna de Uzuña (Virgin of Chapi) - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Historical visits
Arequipa Unforgettable - 4d / 3n - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Shows, Bird watching, Flora, wildlife observation
Arequipa to the maximum - 2d / 1n - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Hike, trekking
Arequipa + Colca - 3d / 2n - Arequipa
Activities: Hike, trekking, Bird watching, Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits, Guided visits
Arequipa Classic Full - 4d / 3n - Arequipa
Activities: Bird watching, Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits, Guided visits