S/. 2,750USD 745
Salkantay Route 5 Days of Exploration
5 days and 4 nights
48 hours before the trip
Spanish / English
Minimum of Passengers
Salkantay Route 5 Days of Exploration
- An alternative to get to Machu Picchu, the route from Salkantay to Machu Picchu, is considered one of the best by National Geography, and the level of difficulty is similar to that of the Classic Inca Trail. This will be an exciting adventure for those who like to enjoy nature in all its splendor and walk surrounded by beautiful landscapes.
- From Cusco
- Pick up from the traveler's accommodation inside the tourist center of Cusco
- If the traveler is staying in another area this service does not apply.
Cusco - Mollepata - Challacancha - Salkantaypampa (Humantay Lagoon)
- 5:00 am Pick up from the hotel (5:00 am approx.) We board the car towards the town of Mollepata approximately 2.5 hours, when we arrive at the village we will have breakfast (not included)
- Challacancha : Then we will continue by car until we reach Challacancha to start our hike for approximately 2 to 3 hours along a path and Inka Canal.
- Soraypampa : Until we reach Soraypampa where we will have our lunch. In the afternoon you can take advantage to visit the Humantay Lagoon (4200 meters above sea level) with spectacular views of the snowy and turquoise waters of the lagoon which will make a traveler feel a magnificent experience, they are 2 hours up and 1 hour down to Soraypampa camp (3850 masl)
- Salkantaypampa : There we will advance a little further up to Salkantaypampa, where we will spend the night in a super charming space under the stars and powerful glaciers of Salkantay and Humantay.
- Walking distance: 18km // Initial height of the tour: 3350msnm // Max. height reached: 4500msnm // Overnight height: 4200msnm // Difficulty level: moderate
- Food : Lunch, snacks, dinner
- Type of accommodation : Camping.
Salkantaypampa | Salkantay Pass - Wayracpunku - Chaullay
- Salkantay : Very early in the morning we will leave our camp, after a fortifying breakfast towards the snowy Salkantay (4,620 masl) which is the highest point of the entire route for approximately 4 hours we will ascend this first step where we will have a short rest to be able to take the impressive views that will be appreciated from this point.
- Wayracmachay : During the journey we will find several mounds of stones called Apachetas. Then we will descend for approximately 2hrs to Wayracmachay where we will have lunch and then we will continue walking for 3 hours approx.
- Chaullay : Crossing the imposing mountains of the cloud forest, mountains with vegetation and mystery and streams that lead from the highest peaks to the Amazon rainforest along the way we will see and feel how the climate and landscape will change as we descend we will also appreciate a varied wild flora of the place, until reaching Chaullay where our second camp is located.
- Dinner and overnight.
Chaullay - Collpapampa - Coffee Tour - Cocalmayo
- 6:00 am Breakfast : After our breakfast we leave Chaullay at 6:00 am. approx.
- Collcapampa : To continue our walk towards Collcapampa where we will pass through narrow paths with abundant flora typical of the area such as the different types of orchids and waterfalls that will be seen throughout the journey.
- Valle de Selva Alta : We will board our vehicle in order to start a super ecological adventure through the high jungle valley to our coffee plantations where an expert awarded this year as the best coffee in america this wise coffee maker will make the exhibition of; work, observation, collection, washing, drying, roasting and preparation of a true natural coffee. And where you will taste an organic coffee typical of the area (2hr. Approx.)
- Cocalmayo : After the pleasant coffee experience we headed to the thermal baths of Cocalmayo walking for 1hr.
- On a path where we will see plantations of the place such as bananas, oranges, passion fruit, and if we are lucky to the emblematic cock of the rocks (National bird of Peru).
Santa Teresa - Hydroelectric - Aguas Calientes
- Pick up from the camp in Santa Teresa at the time organized with the guide and transfer to our group facilities. Upon arrival you will be assigned a space so that you can store your belongings and prepare for the circuit.
- Start of activities : 06 lines of more than 3kms approx., 01 Tibetan bridge 110m long and rock climbing 25m high. During the execution of the activity, the participant may perform different flight styles such as; regular style, fetal, tandem in couple, head down, turns and Superman. Average flight speed 60km / hr.
- 3:00 pm Lunch : After the activity we will board the transport to go to hydroelectric where we will have lunch and then we will board the train at 15: 00hrs and while we wait we can visit Intiwatana, a rock worked in the Inca era and used as an observatory astronomical to control and have a good management of the agricultural stages and religious festive events around solstices and equinoxes.
- Train : Finally, after the visit we will take the train towards hot waters. Or walking approximately 3 hours.
- 5:30 am Breakfast : Very early in the morning (5:30 am) we will have our breakfast (Included in the lodging)
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary : To transport us on the first bus that will take us to the Machu Picchu sanctuary for approximately 30 minutes. Then we will have our guided tour for approximately 2 hours where the guide will take us through the most important places of the citadel, after our visit we will have the rest of the hours free to take pictures and tour our account in Machu Picchu (time it depends a lot on the train schedule that is granted since it has to be half an hour before the departure of your train at the station)
- Huayna Picch u: The other option is to climb the Huayna Picchu or Mountain (not included) to appreciate the breathtaking view of the entire citadel.
- 9:00 pm Aguas Calientes : Finally we will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes and then go to the station and wait for our train that will take us back to the town of Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco where we will be approximately 21: 00hrs .
- Pre-departure information: the group will meet with our professional and experienced guide (speaks English / Spanish / Quechua) in our office to receive the orientation chatrla before your walk. At this time, we will provide the du du e bags that will be carried by the horses. The meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. the night before the trip begins.
- Transportation : this will pick you up from your hotel in the morning at the time coordinated with the guide and you will be taken to the starting point of the hike called challakancha, transportation from the loreta to the vertikal lodge, transportation up and down in machupicchu and Transportation from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco (Day 5)
- Accommodation in campsites and lodge: we are very considerate of mother nature and the ecosystem. Therefore, our campsites and lodges are adapted and designed for harmony with the environment to avoid generating negative impacts.
- Night 1 and 2: our camping areas are natural areas for the client to fully integrate nature with their tents. Our tents are for 2 people and we provide a thick camping mattress.
- Night 3: Experience our hostel located right on the edge of the mountain slope, which has been ecologically designed not to interrupt the beautiful natural landscape of the high jungle and also appreciate the beautiful balcony with great view.
- Night 4: Hotel in Aguas Calientes, we spent the last night of this trek in a hotel with a double or triple room, private bathroom, hot shower, breakfast, and luggage storage while visiting Machu Picchu
- Camping and kitchen equipment: dining room and kitchen tents, tables, chairs and kitchen equipment (all this carried by horses).
- Professional chef: you will have an expert professional chef trained to prepare your food on your trip considering various allergies and / or intolerances of some customers.
- Entrance tickets to the archaeological site of Salcantay and Machu Picchu
- A Du Bag e Bag: You can put your personal luggage, up to 7 kgs (15.4 lbs), including your sleeping bag, this duffle bag will be transported by horses from camp to camp.
- Cargo mules: On days 1 and 2, the cargo mules will transport all the camping equipment and their personal luggage capacity (7 kgs / 15.4 lbs). On days 3 and 4, your luggage will be taken by car or train to your destination.
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners and snacks (vegetarian, vegan or special menus available at no additional cost)
- Wake up tea: during the two mornings at the camp, you will wake up with a cup of coca tea. Our staff will take the tea to your store to warm it inside out before you start your day.
- Snack time: every afternoon of the first 03 days before dinner, the cooks will provide snack time (hot drinks and snacks) After a long day of walking, you will not have to wait until dinner.
- Take-out snacks: our snacks consist of local fruits, cookies, chocolate, candies, etc. We will give you this snack at the beginning of the 2 days.
- First aid kit: Our team will bring a first aid kit, which includes an emergency oxygen bottle.
- Train tickets: from the hydroelectric station to Aguas Calientes on day 4 and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Zipline circuit : this is a great adventure circuit located in the sacsara valley. Participate in 06 zip lines over 3 km away that fly over 65 km / h, 01 suspended bridge and 01 via ferrata (30 meters of rock climbing)
- Coffee tour: you will experience the high local quality of the fresh flavor of roasted coffee at an organic farm taught by an expert producer
- Cocalmayo hot springs: you will enjoy this beautiful natural complex with crystalline waters that emerge from the earth. Relax and use it also for medical purposes, its temperature may vary depending on the preference group.
- Sleeping bags: You can rent one from our office if you don't have your own. Our sleeping bags are effective and durable to protect against temperatures as low as -18ºC (0ºF). It includes a sleeping blanket. The bags are cleaned after each use.
- Walking sticks: You can rent a pair from our office if you wish.
- Food: first breakfast, additional drinks and last lunch.
- Travel insurance
- Tips for our staff: keep in mind that our agency staff is well paid, so you can suggest it or not as you wish.
- Additional costs or delays out of control of the operation (landslides, bad weather, modification of the itinerary due to a problem of illness, strike, etc.)
- Hike, trekking (incluida)
- Zipline (incluida)
- Natural areas visits (incluida)
- Sleeping bag (USD 30) for the entire excursion.
- Horse to ride (USD 60) extra for 01 day
- Entrance to the Huayna Picchu Mountain 2nd Group (+ USD 20).
- Entrance to the Machupicchu Mountain 2nd Group (+ USD 20).
- 3 nights camping in tents for 2 people
Transportes turístico Cocalmayo
- Transportes turístico Cocalmayo
Cancellation PolicyFREE cancellation as long as the guest cancel for 24 hours before the trip
S/. 2,750USD 745