DescriptionOne of the best places is the Salinas and Aguada Blanca National Reserve. It is appreciated and cared for by locals and tourists.
- It has an extreme biodiversity and provides environmental services to more than one million people in the country.
Its beauty also places it as an important destination near the White City.
- An Ecosystem of international importance as it hosts a wide variety of wildlife among which native and migratory birds, South American camelids, a diverse high Andean flora and especially a spectacular view of the Salinas Lagoon and the great mountains that surround it such as the Ubinas volcano and the Pichu Pichu.
- Unique experience getting off the Pichu Pichu by Bike, 2,000 m. of unevenness, 30 km of descent, pure adrenaline, stone and sand roads, in each curve a new view of a volcano, something indescribable
- Difficulty: Medium Very good physical condition
- Bicycle (Included)
- Flora, wildlife observation (Included)
- Natural Areas Visits (Included)
- Arequipa: Pick up from your hotel.
- Whenever it is in the center of the city and prior coordination with the Operator.
- For places outside these limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or Meeting Point or additional Cost.
- 6:00 am Pick up from hotels.
- We begin our journey to the salinas lagoon. This lagoon is located at 4300 m. high between the volcanoes Misti, Ubinas and Pichupichu. The Laguna de Salinas is located within the national reserve of aguada blanca and salinas and is therefore a protected place. The Ubinas is a volcano that during the last years is in a process of moderate eruption.
- Throughout the year we can see vicunas (one of the species of South American camelids) and sometimes llamas and alpacas. We can also observe the vizcacha (rabbit of the Andes) and if we are lucky we can see some Andean foxes. We can also observe a plant that only grows to more than 4000 meters high that is called yareta (compact azorella).
- Here we can see the three different species of flamingos, this can be seen only in this lagoon and not in another part of the world; to be more specific this does not happen even in the most famous "Flamingos Lake" in Africa (Nakuru and Naivasha, in Kenya) since here only two species can be observed.
- The 3 existing species in the saline lagoon are:
- Phenicopteras chilensis (Chilean flamingo)
- Andean Phenicoparras (large Andean parihuana)
- Phenicoparras jamesi (Andean parihuana girl)
- Then we will visit the town of Tambos de Sal where we can observe the artisanal exploitation of salt.
- If there is not much water we can cross the lagoon with our 4x4.
- Downhill Pichu Pichu:
- Arrival at the Pichu Pichu Tunnel (4,200 meters above sea level).
- Beginning of the descent on the bicycle
- Descent of 4 hours approx.
- Appreciation of fauna and flora of the place.
- Upon returning from the Salinas Lagoon to Arequipa we can visit the typical town of Chiguata.
- On the way we will take many photos of the Misti volcano.
- 4:30 pm Arrival to the city of Arequipa (hour approx.).
- 4 * 4 Tourist Mobility
- Pick up hotels historic center
- Specialized guide
- Brand bike with front suspension.
- Helmet, gloves, knee and elbow pads.
- First aid kit, radios, satellite phones and spare parts set
- Snacks and / or drinks.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
NotesWhat to wear
- Jacket and / or lucky for the cold at the high point.
- Cream and sunglasses.
- Small backpack.
- Long pants type diver.
- Scarff or Buff.
- Any material loss or accident is the responsibility of the client .
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather conditions (rains, huaycos, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, no refund applies.
- If you decide to leave before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you do not attend the day of service, there is no place for Claims, Postponements or Returns.
- Seats in transfer mobility are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival.
Peru and Bolivia - 15d/14n - Arequipa
Activities: Archaeological visits, Cultural visits, Historical visits
Tour Colca Canyon Full Day from Arequipa - Arequipa
Activities: Bird watching, Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits
Salinas Lagoon and Aguada Blanca National Reserve - Arequipa
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits
Chivay from Puno - Full Day - Arequipa
Activities: Bird watching, Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits