S/. 200USD 55
Pillones Falls and Stone Forest
Full day (1 day)
12 hours before the trip
Spanish / English
Minimum of Passengers
Pillones Falls and Stone Forest
- The Pillones Waterfall and the Stone Forest of Imata a few hours from Arequipa.
- A little trekking and contact with nature will disconnect you from the routine.
- Nature and hike tour.
- Temperature: Cold in the morning, mild during the day and cold winds in the afternoon.
- Arequipa: Pick up from hotel.
- Whenever it is within the city center of the city (Centro and Cercado) and prior coordination with the operator.
- For places outside those limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or meeting point or additional cost.
PILLION AND STONE FOREST CATARACT IMATA
- 6:00 am - Departure.
- 8:00 am - Stop in Patahuasi for those who wish to have breakfast.
- 9:00 am - Visit to the Pillones Falls.
- 11:30 am - Visit to the Stone Forest in Imata.
- 2:00 pm - Lunch at Imata.
- 3:00 pm - Return to Arequipa.
- 5:00 pm - We arrived!
- End of service
- The place is at 4,600 meters above sea level and in winter there are icy winds. When arriving at the Pillones Falls, we will observe dozens of rocks molded by the erosion of water and weather. We will also see numerous vizcachas (Andean rodents), most of them jumping on rocks. From there you can descend to the waterfall, but be careful, the road is dangerous. "You must advance in squatting and with great caution, once you get there, you can take pictures, enjoy the warm weather, the landscape, the typical flora and fauna region of.
- The Básque de Piedras de Imata is a strange rock formation very original, consisting of a set of natural stone columns that take on the appearance of a mysterious enchanted and petrified forest. It has originated through thousands of years, simulating different silhouettes that resemble prehistoric animals, faces, silhouettes and monsters, among others. It is a prodigy of abstract art in nature, which invites us to interpret the shapes that the rocks have taken. Its originality allows those who visit the stone forest to admire such beauty.
- Constituted by a set of natural stone columns of ignimbrite material that is the product of sedimentation of currents of the material expelled from the volcano, it is constituted by ashes, lapilli and blocks. The components are welded together and can be called tuffitic gaps of volcanic material of all grain sizes. The work done by the erosive forces of nature (rain, wind and sun), make it a fascinating place. It is also highly probable that on the way you can observe vicuñas.
- Tourist Mobility
- Guide (in Spanish).
- >> Guidance in English can also be provided, but we need to inform you at least 3 days beforehand for the coordination of the case.
- Food: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Snacks and drinks during the tour.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service (at will).
- Guided visits (incluida)
- Hike, trekking (incluida)
- Natural areas visits (incluida)
- Cultural visits (incluida)
- Flora, wildlife observation (incluida)
- CHILDREN: Up to 4 years old, they do not pay. They share service and attention with parents. / From 5 years old, pay Full Rate.
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably light (dry fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered as "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Returns.
- The seats in the transfer mobiles during the tours are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival.
Cancellation PolicyFREE cancellation as long as the guest cancel for 24 hours before the trip
S/. 200USD 55