The floating islands of the Uros are located in the bay of Lake Titicaca, only 14 km (9 mi) approx. of the city of Puno. The boat trip only takes 30 min. approx. to get to the nearest islands ... more than 85 in total!
- "URU" is an ethnic group that lives in Lake Titicaca from previous civilizations (Aymaras, Lupacas, Incas and others). In fact, it is believed that they would be the first to populate the high Andean region around Lake Titicaca.
- They were fishermen, hunters and gatherers of bird eggs that coexist with the inhabitants, who preferred to remain isolated from the most advanced civilizations on the mainland.
- The Totora, aquatic plant of the lake, is a very important element in its daily life. They use it to feed the animals, build rafts, build houses, make fire, cook, etc.
- Sport fishing (additional cost)
- Puno: Pick up at hotel.
- Confirm to the Operator, after your purchase, the establishment.
- Additional cost for transfers to the port from hotels: Libertador, Eco Inn, Casa Andina Private Collection, Posada del Inka, Jose Antonio and hotels in the Chucuito town and hotel Mirador del Titicaca.
PACHA TITICACA PREMIUM RIDGE BOAT
- 7:00 am - Pick up from the hotel and transfer to the Port of Puno.
- 7:30 am - Boarding to leave Taquile.
- 8:15 am - Visit to the floating islands of the Uros. There you will have a cultural demonstration where you can discover the daily life of the locals.
- 10:00 am - We arrive at the island of Taquile. We begin to climb (1 hour approx.) On a gentle slope towards the main town. During the tour, the guide will explain many aspects of the culture and history of Taquile.
- 12:00 pm - Lunch at Rest. Traditional Community. Tourist Menu is served: Quinoa Soup and fried trout (Optional: Vegetarian Menu).
- 1:00 pm - We begin the return to the main port of Taquile.
- 2:00 - 2:30 pm - Boarding to go to Puno.
- 4:00 pm - Arrival and transfer to your hotel.
- End of our services.
- Transfer Hotel / Puerto de Puno / Hotel.
- Speedboat shared - Round trip to Puno.
- Tickets Uros and Taquile islands.
- Official guide in Spanish and English.
- Traditional tourist lunch (Optional vegetarian menu).
- Boat ride on the island of Uros.
- Gratuities for service.
- Additional cost for transfers to the port from hotels: Libertador, Eco Inn, Casa Andina Private Collection, Posada del Inka, Jose Antonio and hotels in the village Chucuito and Hotel Mirador del Titicaca.
- If you wish, you can hire a Private Guide at your service, which will allow you to know more in depth both islands. The guide will be at your side throughout the tour, making this tour more personalized, will only share the transport.
- The tours and trips made by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accidents is the responsibility of the customer.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
Puno + Islands of Lake Titicaca - Vivencial Tour - 2d / 01n. - Puno
Activities: Climbing, mountaineering, Hike, trekking, Purchase of handicrafts
Tour to the Chullpas de Sillustani (Afternoon). - Puno
Activities: Cultural visits, Guided visits, Historical visits
Uros and Taquile Full Day - Normal Boat - Puno
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits, Guided visits