DescriptionDeep in the Amazon rainforest, in Mayantuyacu - Peru, a river flows so hot that the water actually boils.
- The locals call it "Shanay-timpishka", which vaguely translates to "boiled with the heat of the sun".
- They believe that the hot water is released by a giant snake called Yacumama, "Mother of the Waters," which is represented by a large rock in the form of a snakehead at the headwaters of the river.
- The river is about 25 meters wide and 6 meters deep, but it is only 6.4 km in length.
- The water temperature ranges between 50 and 100 degrees centigrade.
- Guided visits (Included)
- Hike, trekking (Included)
- Natural Areas Visits (Included)
- Thermalism (Included)
- Pucallpa: Plaza de Armas, in front of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception - Provincial Municipality of Coronel Portillo.
- You can also pick up from the hotel where you are staying, provided that it is within the Monumental area of Pucallpa and in the low season and always after coordination and confirmation with the Operator.
Mayantuyacu "The Boiling River"
- Start: 8:00 a.m.
- Departure from Pucallpa.
- Travel in mobility (1 hour and a half aprox.) To the district of Honoria where we will take a boat to sail for 30 minutes along the Pachitea River until we reach the point of trekking.
- 45 minutes trekking approx. until you reach the river of hot waters.
- Here we will test our courage and courage by immersing ourselves in its healing waters.
- We arrive at a resting point where hammocks and lunch await us.
- Impressive view of the steam gulch of sulphurous and boiling waters and a refreshing bath.
- Return to Pucallpa.
- End: 6:00 p.m.
- Bajaj or Trimoto and / or Carro (Shared Service).
- Tourism Guide (Guidance) in Spanish ( For other languages, consult ).
- Entrances to the tourist attractions.
- Typical boat ride (Peke Peke).
- Rancho Campestre (chicken breast + potato + salad + soft drink or bottle of water per person).
- Drinks and Snacks
- Personal expenses.
- Tips for service.
- Children from 0 - 4 years old, do not pay. They share service and seating with parents and / or accompanying adults. Children from 5 years old, pay as an adult and have the right to full service.
- It also applies to Holidays (Easter, Independence Day, New Year, etc).
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- If you decide to retire before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks, preferably light (dry fruits, cookies and water).
3d / 2n - Magical Pucallpa + Hotel 3 Stars. - Ucayali
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Natural Areas Visits, Flora, wildlife observation
Catarata Regala, Río Hirviente, Cashibococha - 4d / 3n - Ucayali
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Hike, trekking, Flora, wildlife observation
Half Day - Laguna Yarinacocha - Ucayali
Activities: Guided visits, Hike, trekking, Natural Areas Visits
Half Day - Yarinacocha Maravillosa - Ucayali
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Flora, wildlife observation, Boat Rides
Half Day - Walk along the Ucayali River - Ucayali
Activities: Guided visits, Natural Areas Visits, Boat Rides
Veil of the Bride + Pucallpa + Baños del Curaka (Huanuco) - Ucayali
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Hike, trekking
Half Day - Pucallpa Classic - Ucayali
Activities: Guided visits, Flora, wildlife observation, Cultural visits
4d / 3n - Unforgettable Pucallpa + 3 Stars Hotel - Ucayali
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Natural Areas Visits, Hike, trekking, Flora, wildlife observation